Search Unity

Infinite Runner Starter Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by opsive, May 23, 2013.

1. opsive

opsive

It does - you'll need to run the Unity API updater but it does run well.

2. gaiomed

gaiomed

Hi @opsive,
    Just imported your pack into a Unity 2017.3.1 project and some shader code seems to be broken and the Unity API Updater was not able to fix/update it correctly.

Code (csharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Infinite Runner/Standard Curve': invalid subscript 'posWorld' at Assets/Infinite Runner/Shaders/StandardCurveCore.cginc(15) (on glcore)
    Do you have fix for that?

3. opsive

opsive

It looks like the standard shader has changed in 2017.3. I'm looking into how to fix this but for now if you remove the Standard Cruve and StandardCurveCore files then that error will go away.

gaiomed likes this.
  4. gaiomed

gaiomed

Hi @opsive,

Ok, removing the shaders based on the unity standard shaders of course fixes the error for now, as they are not used in the scene as is. The problem with the shader also exists in Unity 5.6.4, just that you know.

Yet after some testing there seems to be a bug related to the ramps/stairs. After you run up or down some ramps/stairs and the player respawns (using diamonds) the character is spawned outside the actual scene (either above or beneath). I attached a screenshot, so you can get an idea what is happening. Would be great if you can fix that, as we don't necessarily want to dig into your code to find that bug.

Attached Files:

5. opsive

opsive

I think that I have this fixed in my repository but haven't submitted it yet - I'll send you a PM with a new player controller.

6. gaiomed

gaiomed

Hey, thank you for the quick response.
    If there is anything besides those things we will let you know.

JaderLuiz likes this.
  7. opsive

opsive

This asset has been deprecated and no more support will be provided. It was a good run but there are now some much better alternatives that have appeared on the store. Thank you!

8. Nevercallmebyname

Nevercallmebyname

aw I personally thought this one was the best

9. JaderLuiz

JaderLuiz

Hi,
    I know this asset no receive support anymore. But could you give me the fixed character controller script?
    I'm updating an old little game, but stuck in this bug.
    Thank you!