Search Unity

Infinite Randomly Generating Side-Scroller (Webplayer!)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ubhkid, Oct 19, 2011.

1. ubhkid

ubhkid

I've been shelling out an idea that I had for an infinite side scroller game for Android/Iphone, and now I'm not sure if I have something or not. I've come to the land of Showcase to ask for opinions, ideas and of course criticism. It's only 147kb!

**Known Issues**
    ) "Tap to restart" - Press escape to restart the level at any time. ADDED!
    ) Can't see score in cave. FIXED!
    ) Position of "Game Over" image while in fullscreen is off center. FIXED!

*Edit: If anyone has an Android phone that they would be interested in trying this on please PM me! As I only have a very new 4G, and do not have access to any older models.

Webplayer Link: http://www.cssmunch.com/flux/WebPlayer.html

Here's a video and a couple of screen shots to entice you into trying it a couple times! :)

Maybe you'll beat my top score! Currently: 3,215,899.

Click on an image for a larger size

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  2. Micha-Stettler

Micha-Stettler

3. ubhkid

ubhkid

Thanks Bierbrauerei, can't believe I forgot to post that! :p

Edit: I actually forgot to change the resolution settings for the webplayer. Re-uploaded a new version if you wanted to check it out again.

4. Micha-Stettler

Micha-Stettler

Funny Game, made it to 81000, but its hard to see the score when driving into a cave.

5. ubhkid

ubhkid

Thank you for the feedback :) I'll get on that.

6. Duskling

Duskling

I like it. Alot.

But from what I see it is pretty much a copy of a previous Unity3D game made for ludum dare. I would get a link to the time lapse video, but youtube is blocked in school.

I think the title is apocatank or something.

Anyways the gameplay is pretty much the same, the vehicle morphing is exactly the same, and the artstyle is the same.

Now there could be a chance you came up with this on your own, but still. I don't like copycats :L

7. ubhkid

ubhkid

Wow, I'm actually amazed to see that. I'm sure I found the game you're talking about, "Awol". I'm actually just using placeholder art right now, so now that I've seen that I'll try to steer the art direction away from his. That's really a trip to see! I hope that my "Challenges" mode will set us apart enough that we can be seen as different games! Sorry Quickfingers and Awol developers!

8. Duskling

Duskling

Oh, sorry didn't know it was placeholder, and yeah "AWOL" was the name. Good job otherwise and keep up the good work, will be cool to see this completed.

9. Duskling

Duskling

Oh, sorry didn't know it was placeholder, and yeah "AWOL" was the name. Good job otherwise and keep up the good work, will be cool to see this completed.