Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Infinite motion and bounciness inside a closed room.

Discussion in 'Physics' started by ashishchandy, Aug 7, 2018.

1. ashishchandy

ashishchandy

I am trying to create a 3D world which contains objects(sphere collider) in constant motion inside an enclosed room (made of walls of box colliders).

I need the objects to bounce off the walls and off each other infinitely.

I apply a force at the Start() of each object. The "Use Gravity" is set at false for all objects and walls. The walls are "Is Kinematic".
    There is a physics material for objects and walls where friction is 0 and bounciness is 1.

The problem is that the objects strike the wall and don't bounce at all, rather they slide along the wall and stop.

Kindly help.

Object.png Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.59.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.59.23 PM.png Wall.png

2. Edy

Edy

Configure "Bounce Threshold" to zero in the Physics Manager (Edit > Project Settings > Physics)

upload_2018-8-7_11-41-33.png