Search Unity

infinite levels for ios game

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by max3241, Jan 27, 2020.

1. max3241

max3241

Hello guys,
    I was wondering how the developers(Crazy Labs) from the IOS game AMAZE manage to do levels that can go up to for example 1000. I'm asking this, because i'm also making a IOS game and i wanted to do the same thing as them, by making infinite levels in my game.

2. Antistone

Antistone

Not familiar with that game, but "infinite levels" usually means procedurally-generated levels (you can't technically have infinite unique levels on a machine with finite hardware, but you can have an unfathomably huge number of levels).

There's lots of different strategies for generating levels procedurally depending on the style of game and what you want from the levels, so if you want to try this I'd search for some simple examples in the specific style of game that you're making.

Although depending on how complex the levels are, 1000 levels is not necessarily beyond the number that developers could create by hand.

3. Brathnann

Brathnann

1000 levels is nothing if you develop the proper tools to make the levels. For example, a bubble pop game could have tons more levels, but a simple tool that let's the level designer map out where they want bubbles to spawn and of what color (or random color) could easily allow even a basic intern level employee create a level.

Most puzzle games are using some sort of tool to allow fast creation of puzzles.