Search Unity

Infinite Catalogues and Bundles Bug

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by JakHussain, Nov 7, 2018.

1. JakHussain

JakHussain

I'm having this horrific issue where whenever I change any of my addressables settings there's a chance that the built assets would include previous catalogues and bundle groups EVEN IF THEY WERE DELETED FROM THE WHOLE PROJECT.

This immediately told me that Unity was somehow caching the build files from previous builds and simply exporting them to the build location during the build process but clearing the addressables cache doesn't work, importing all my assets to a new unity project doesn't work, changing the product name and company name in player settings doesn't work, changing the addressables settings makes it worse sometimes, deleting the addressable assets data folder and making a new profile sometimes makes it worse, I couldn't find anything in the persistent data path that looked to contain the cached files and neither did the install path for unity nor the install path for the addressables package.

I waited for today's addressables update to version 0.4.8 and that still didn't fix it. I'm running Unity 2018.2.14. I've been trying to solve this for 2 weeks now and I'm out of ideas at this point. Please help!

I've attached an image bellow to give you guys a better idea of the issue.

Attached Files:

2. PaulBurslem

PaulBurslem

Unity Technologies

Hi, thank you for feedback. The catalog and hash files you are seeing are generated whenever you create a player build and are used to identify the correct catalog to load in order to support content updates. I agree that they should be cleaned up and we are looking into a way of doing this while still supporting content updates.