Search Unity

World Building InfiniGRASS STUDIO✅-Massively optimized,interactive & non uniform volume grass for procedural worlds

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by nasos_333, Aug 24, 2015.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO work in progress on the new Geometry Shader based grass module.

Hi, thanks for buying the system.

In the current v1.x the planting in biomes is done manually, e.g. can use a Mass Plat function based on 4 spats, but is for smaller areas and is best to use one grass manager per biome, or even multiple if areas are very big.

In the coming STUDIO version those are automated, e.g can plant whole terrains using rules based on splats and automatically will split to multiple grass managers, also is much faster to both plant and edit the grass and get in game time is now almost zero in STUDIO. So if you have a big terrain with biomes would be good to try the STUDIO beta.

I post the current tutorial video playlist for reference. Also STUDIO has some new things like a geometry shader as shown in the above video for direct mesh control and will be updated with many more cool things as it goes.

Let me know the invoice or order number and can send the closed Beta directly to use.

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit - Discount Offers

2. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

I have DMed you the invoice number.
    I appreciate it.
    I am excited for trying the Studio version and I hope it's as performant as the original.

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks, have sent in pm now.

The v2.0 STUDIO version should be much faster, there is many new major optimization methods, grid update, pooling, batched billboards, full gpu instancing, single multigrass material, vast brush size with few draw calls using the new ground adapt method, instant get in game time, much faster grass editing, rule based planting that works also in run time etc

The batching of v1.x is used as base for creating the pooled brushes, also can use all the v1.x modes as well if needed. And can mix the new global manager with other grass managers in v1.x mode for local detail or if grass is needed to be planted in non vertical orientation.

And can always use the simple export of batched meshes to use without any of my scripts, if this mode is desired.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    Stranger-Games likes this.
  4. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Sounds great.
    I imported it and trying it now.
    I can see URP materials, but those are not used automatically, so having an option to use URP or detecting that automatically would be nice.
    Also planting terrain with rules is cool, but is there a way to make the spawner use the gaia spawner rules?
    Will it be a terrain detail or gameobject, etc..?

5. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Actually direct integration with Gaia is not really necessary and I like the infinigrass integrated rule based spawner, but I can't get it to work right.
    It seems to spawn the grass on sea level rather than over the terrain and the plants themselves don't seem to look right.
    I will see if I can figure out myself and if I can't I will repost here.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, for urp have converted only the main grass type and one more pines brush, maybe that is the issue, as other brushes would need convert manually, e.g. apply urp material.

Thd full urp conversion for all brushes is planned for next beta version.

About sea level, let me know the actual height of water sea level and terrain and will check why the height rule may fail

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Added better preview and clarifications over the interact- grass shaping textures, now can preview all related textures in the inspector. Also fixed an issue where the external shaping texture was not assigned properly to the materials.

Fixed an issue where the interact- grass shaping texture position was not passed correctly to the URP shader, resulting in shadows appearing even when the grass was under the ground.

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit - Discount Offers

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

10. rafaelscamp

rafaelscamp

hi @nasos_333 , I couldn't send you a direct message so I'll have to write here.... I was going to buy InfiniGRASS, now I'm not sure if there is a new version coming or it's just updated on the current InfiniGRASS?
    Also, I'm using URP and I've read in the comments that some steps need to be done for it to work correctly with URP, are these still necessary or they were added in one of the updates?

Thanks!

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The STUDIO version is essentially a new asset, as uses v1.x for a tiny part of its functonality, though at first two weeks is planned to be a maximum of $9 upgrade from the current system.

Note the STUDIO version is a massive project comparing to InfiniGRASS, is like 3-4 packages worth of features and development comparing, so may take a while until fully realized.

The URP latest Beta has got to perfection, as all brushes have been both converted and tweaked based on multiple users feedback, so hopefully I have covered everything. Latest update also includes tweaking of wind for all brushes and shaders for Unity 2021 and beyond.

Let me know for anything else.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

TanselAltinel likes this.
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS - New demo wip on combining the plant around player script in combination with the new grass shaping module, adding interactors to the player camera which can affect the grass in various ways, default is erase it.

The module can also change the grass texture (selected from a texture sheet and controlled by the change in the control texture, so can use single material with many grass textures), comb and shape the grass and change its height.

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO- New extra optimization mode WIP, the first image is with the previous shader, the second image uses the new dithered shadows optimized shader, tested on a very dense foliage for gauging the performance in 1050GTX Laptop.

There is a direct gain of 20fps with minor changes visually. Also now thinking that far grass-trees not need shadows for vertices very low on the ground, so could also apply this shadows cutoff based on high distance and low placement in object vertices, which should give a further boost and still keep the amazing very far away shadows mostly intact.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO - New unique ARTnGAME developed extra optimization method is now finished, the video shows test on a very dense foliage for gauging the performance in 1050GTX Laptop (Video is also software recorded inside Unity editor, so actual performance should be even higher)

There is a direct gain of double performance using the new extra optimization. Which brings the InfiniGRASS STUDIO to a next level even with shadows pushed to the max for crazy visual quality !!! Shadows are at 550m in the video, adding shadows even to the furthest the eye can see.

This new optimization is on top of the 5 new optimizations STUDIO version brings over the current mesh batching in InfiniGRASS v1.x., which are single material - multi grass textures, grid based updating, batched billboards, huge batches spread with blanket mode, GPU instancing and pooling for zero extra RAM allocation.

This means that InfiniGRASS STUDIO can now enable crazy looking vegetation visuals that are way beyond what is possible with the standard optimization techniques.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  25. nasos_333

nasos_333

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO work in progress update, the system to real time GPU blend 4 textures to a single one around the player is now finalized, this module will enable to keep an interaction - grass shaping texture per terrain and blend them as needed to shape the grass around the player.

Also the Lawn Mowing demo has been augmented with new refinements and released to store in InfiniGRASS and a version using the InfiniGRASS STUDIO specific grass optimizations is in the works to be included in the STUDIO asset.

(New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE to Environment Building Bundle for only $90 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS Standard Pipeline - All demo scenes showcase

InfiniGRASS new batched billboards system

Massive optimization of extreme detailed grass with full shadows and long view distance, reverting to quads in 1st LOD and to batched billboards in 2ond LOD, showcasing the power of InfiniGRASS and the new upcoming Batched Billboards system.

Windows demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A40A4EsCSiLXo-QlO6HWMDrXuSlphNZO/view

Recordings from 2060GTX in Linux
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VAZEqc2ZtDCyF1Vngi1HV-KxVGeqQhcl/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Du5Mf0-CcLnOHP_W0hvyCIY0wuEy4DAD/view?usp=sharing

InfiniGRASS is the only system in the store that uses a very unique optimization method that does not depend on scripted instantiation of grass, but rather on optimizing meshes to use only a single batch per unlimited foliage per vegetation type in theory, while keeping compatibility with any device.

Also supports LODs for reducing far distance overdraw. The system can even be used without the InfiniGRASS asset present, in the special script-less mode.

The video is software recorded in a 5 years old DELL XPS Laptop with 1050GTX GPU. Also the demos were recorded inside Unity editor, so should be even faster in a final game build. Those demos besides a few meant for mobile, are targeted for desktop mainly.

(New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE to Environment Building Bundle for only $99 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS new big optimizations, coming soon.
    New Optimizations:
    Four new big optimizations have now been added to InfiniGRASS, giving an extra big boost to performance
    1. Added batched billboards for far LODs.
    2. Added system to regulate the batchers distance checks that apply the LODs so is not calculated each frame but rather in intervals when the player moves above a distance threshold.
    3. Added full disable of the grass grower objects, in the case where the interactive properties or grass erase is not needed.
    4. Added assignment of grass to Layer per grass type, which allows to fine tune what is rendered at each time as needed using layer control on the scene cameras.

Below is linked a first mobile demo for Android, using some of the above new optimizations. The demo runs at around 100fps in landscape mode in Samsung S22. In the demo can also plant extra grass and trees by tapping both fingers at once on the terrain and change grass type using the relevant button.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WaZbVTbpW1oKjMcwXi0qbc2NHjEsRK2P/view?usp=sharing

InfiniGRASS is included in the Environment Building Bundle !

(New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE to Environment Building Bundle for only $99 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS Major Update !!!
    InfiniGRASS URP Beta v2.0 is now available for download on PM request !!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE URP Beta 25 & HDRP Beta 16 are also now available.

The system offers massive performance boost to foliage rendering.

The above versions are massive upgrades from the previous Beta releases, with multiple optimizations, adaptation for Unity 2023, massively faster build and shader compilation times and very big number of new features and usability modules.

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit - Asset Store
    (New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE to Environment Building Bundle for $99 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2023
  33. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v2.0 has been released at the Unity Asset Store !

InfiniGRASS v2.0 (Major Update)
    - Added new Batched Billboards system, for use in LODs or close up when needed maximum performance.
    - Added new mobile oriented demo scenes.
    - Added two extra optimizations through a separate script that makes sure all grass growers grown from editor planting are disabled at game start if not needed for dynamic functionality and the batching scripts can also be regulated to be updated in intervals as the player moves, so when static or move slow will get maximized performance due to much lower distance checks.
    - Added option to assign the planted grass to a specific layer, per grass type, for finer control when needed.
    - Added new grass assets and ready to use brushes based on them.
    - Reorganized the InfiniGRASS folder inside the ARTnGAME folder, so can be better organized. Note that for existing installation of the system, is best to create the "ARTnGAME" folder in Assets and move there the InfiniGRASS folder, before importing the v2.0 package, to avoid having two folders with the system.

InfiniGRASS URP Beta v2.0 is now also available for download on PM request !!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE URP Beta 25 & HDRP Beta 16 are also available.

ARTnGame - Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - Discord - Youtube - Reddit - Asset Store
    (New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE to Environment Building Bundle for $109 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v2.1 WIP

I have now added the two final APK Android demos
    for the new instant get in game mode and very detailed grass meshes.

The first is with full features, like real time planting and run time permanent grass shaping and the second is with only the pre grown from editor grass.

This new mode will be available in the next InfiniGRASS v2.1 version.

InfiniGRASS v2.1 FULL FEATURES - Run time planting and Permanent grass interaction and shaping
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P31YvEdUqHwwd8vuVPUyOa3YYTTQ6MB2/view?usp=sharing

InfiniGRASS v2.1 PRE GROWN GRASS
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_42YDovZQFsTrJJMp--QH3FNwYkn7Hth/view?usp=share_link

Note that this is a stress test demo, with very detailed close up grass that is normally more suitable to desktop. Much more optimizations can be inserted over this, e.g. blend of detailed and quad based close up grasses.

(New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE to Environment Building Bundle for $109 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v2.1 has been released at the Unity Asset Store !

InfiniGRASS v2.1
    - Added new optimization system that saves the editor grass on scene and centralizes the LOD control, for instant get in game time and faster performance. The same system can also be used at run time to optimize the run time planted grass at certain game spots.
    - Added demo scene showcasing the new system.

InfiniGRASS is a $15 upgrade from the new Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 (currently -50% off) for a limited time!

(New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 to Environment Building Bundle for $69 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A new method has been added to the system upcoming 2021 version, which will allow to directly copy the big batched models around the map in a blanket adapt mode and integrate them in the centralized LOD control system of the grass painted by the Grass Manager.

This mode allows three extra optimizations, since the copied items take zero extra RAM, no extra disk space when scene is saved and also use fully the GPU Instancing feature for all copies of a batched model, resulting in big performance boost and RAM and HDD optimization. Also this mode is ideal for endless procedural worlds, as the grass can be copied in new lands without any overhead and adapt to ground directly.

InfiniGRASS is a $15 upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE (currently -50% off) for a limited time!

(New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 to Environment Building Bundle for $89 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v2.1a-b has been released at the Unity Asset Store !

InfiniGRASS v2.1b
    - Added new run time planet planting demo.

InfiniGRASS v2.1a
    - Fixed an issue with Wheat brush where it would not be visible in some of the demo scenes.
    - Added ARTnGAME Welcome window with direct link to asset information and tutorials.

(New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 to Environment Building Bundle for $89 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MEoVD7W9wA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sm2Rl5Tji4

InfiniGRASS 2021 - The next generation of vegetation optimization and shading.

Massive draw call reduction and draw distances with shadowing
    , GPU instancing, Ground adaptation for massive batched models copy around the scene with surface normals respect, Instant get in game, Minimized saved scene size, Batched billboards, 3D Billboard generator, Impostor real time changing shadows with minimal impact in fps that can be viewed at last LOD distance and much more. Also many new brushes with focus on stylized look and new cell shading options.

Paint on any mesh or Unity terrain, on any orientation, using any mesh and shader for any pipeline! Vegetation can follow the rotation and translation of the items that was placed on. Interact with the grass in a temporal or permanent way, add trails and bend or comb the grass in run time or in editor. Paint different grass types with a single material and sprite sheet input texture.

InfiniGRASS does NOT use Compute shaders, Geometry shaders, Instancing, scripted direct draws, Burst and Jobs, or anything that can be incompatible with several platforms or Unity versions, making it ideal for all platforms and mobile and increased speed over scripted direct draw and instancing methods.

Enjoy the fastest and most advanced & compatible vegetation on Unity Store, InfiniGRASS 2021 is coming soon.

(New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 to Environment Building Bundle for $79 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
    TanselAltinel likes this.
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO - The next generation of vegetation optimization and shading.

Batched Impostors (InfiniBATCH) system - Video showcasing the transitions and massive number of detailed objects possibilities. The impostors are batched few seconds after load the stage, so all other processes have finished.

Imposters Transition demo
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ohiANKaVbBVYn_IwERCOTovHU4kDyH4O/view?usp=sharing

(New offers - Upgrade from Sky Master ULTIMATE to Environment Building Bundle for $69 and save $600 on ARTnGAME assets!)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS STUDIO wip on batched impostors for far LODs, with ground adaptation.

ARTnGAME Sales! - Environment Building Bundle is now on massive discount !
    InfiniTUNES Collection C - Medieval Real Instrument Music is on -50% new Asset Sale! ($15)
    Sky Master ULTIMATE is -50% off in Unity Black Friday Sale ($35 vs $70) and can be upgraded to Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 for $5!
    InfiniTUNES Collection C can be upgraded to Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 for $25!
    Sky Master ULTIMATE 2021 users can upgrade to Environment Building Bundle for only $57!

Total of $97 for all ARTnGAME assets for a limited time!

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
  49. nasos_333

nasos_333

50. nasos_333

nasos_333