Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Inferno Tech Demo #2 (Sci-Fi RTS style)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by JamesLeeNZ, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Martin_H

Martin_H

2. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Thanks Martin!

Not sure, it opened to a bunch of no votes, but the yes votes are creeping in, so im still feeling optimistic!

3. FreeFly90

FreeFly90

You got my vote :) The game also looks nice, I'd only work a little bit more on a new UI, the current one wasn't that attractive, at least to me!

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Love the music @JamesLeeNZ or Johnny - whoever you are! ;)
    imo - the environment colors are a bit overly saturated. I know your going for an other worldly look - might have to push that theme further so it doesn't just look over saturated.
    More explosions please - unless your going for a creative interpretation yet to be implemented. In that case can't wait to see it.

Martin_H likes this.
  5. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Thanks @FreeFly90 - still a bunch of work to do in the HUD. This was just a first pass I rushed through to get into the greenlight build. Heaps of ideas that always look better in my head!

@theANMATOR2b - cheers, had to scroll through hundreds of tunes on AudioJungle to find something that I loved! Its an awesome track eh. Effects is a big one Im still to put a bunch of work into. I got PopcornFX because its awesome, but im yet to get into it and make anything myself. Was a bit harder than I expected. Johnny Drama is only my gaming name! haha.. should possibly change that so theres no confusion. Its my primary steam/gaming account rather than a dedicated account.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hell yeah - Rock on!! And thanks for the reference. Never heard of Audio Jungle until you mentioned it.
    I've read about popcornfx - might add some cool looks when you get it up n running.

Just to confirm - I wasn't talking about FX regarding my critique. I was talking about the terrain saturation. It's very - saturated. ;)

Martin_H likes this.
  7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Looks fun... could use a bit more colour though :D

theANMATOR2b and JamesLeeNZ like this.
  8. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Ha, yeah I know you meant the terrain. Its been my sandbox level since early on. I might turn down the color saturation (which is just bloom). I think ill probably have it as a visual setting. It starts to look pretty boring without it though, so I'm torn.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
unityunity