Search Unity

Inferno Tech Demo #2 (Sci-Fi RTS style)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JamesLeeNZ, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Martin_H

Martin_H

2. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Thanks Martin!

Not sure, it opened to a bunch of no votes, but the yes votes are creeping in, so im still feeling optimistic!

3. FreeFly90

FreeFly90

You got my vote :) The game also looks nice, I'd only work a little bit more on a new UI, the current one wasn't that attractive, at least to me!

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Love the music @JamesLeeNZ or Johnny - whoever you are! ;)
    imo - the environment colors are a bit overly saturated. I know your going for an other worldly look - might have to push that theme further so it doesn't just look over saturated.
    More explosions please - unless your going for a creative interpretation yet to be implemented. In that case can't wait to see it.

Martin_H likes this.
  5. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Thanks @FreeFly90 - still a bunch of work to do in the HUD. This was just a first pass I rushed through to get into the greenlight build. Heaps of ideas that always look better in my head!

@theANMATOR2b - cheers, had to scroll through hundreds of tunes on AudioJungle to find something that I loved! Its an awesome track eh. Effects is a big one Im still to put a bunch of work into. I got PopcornFX because its awesome, but im yet to get into it and make anything myself. Was a bit harder than I expected. Johnny Drama is only my gaming name! haha.. should possibly change that so theres no confusion. Its my primary steam/gaming account rather than a dedicated account.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hell yeah - Rock on!! And thanks for the reference. Never heard of Audio Jungle until you mentioned it.
    I've read about popcornfx - might add some cool looks when you get it up n running.

Just to confirm - I wasn't talking about FX regarding my critique. I was talking about the terrain saturation. It's very - saturated. ;)

Martin_H likes this.
  7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Looks fun... could use a bit more colour though :D

theANMATOR2b and JamesLeeNZ like this.
  8. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Ha, yeah I know you meant the terrain. Its been my sandbox level since early on. I might turn down the color saturation (which is just bloom). I think ill probably have it as a visual setting. It starts to look pretty boring without it though, so I'm torn.

theANMATOR2b likes this.