Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question Indirect Lighting for URP?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Mantra-Games, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Mantra-Games

Mantra-Games

Just wondering if there's any solution to darkening an area in a URP project where the camera is outside of a local volume. I know that I can darken this area when the cam is inside a volume. I have an outdoor scene and a cave (and other areas) where I need to show that it's dark from a distance looking into the caves.

I know that HDRP has an indirect lighting controller, but what is the best solution for URP?

Thanks!

2. tw00275

tw00275

@Mantra-Games You could have the dark area assigned to the global volume and the light areas assigned to local volumes.

There's an example of using volume overrides like this in the Boat Attack sample. For instance, the cave area uses a local volume override to increase the brightness to approximate eye adaptation. The tent in the new URP samples project does the same thing.

3. Mantra-Games

Mantra-Games

Hey thanks for the reply. Ah so basically you're reversing the dark/light, local/global volumes. Thank you I'll take a gander.

tw00275 likes this.