Search Unity

IndieBitz Developers Prototype

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Reefer, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Reefer

Reefer

IndieBitz Developers Prototype v0.0.9

This picture is taken from v.0.0.1. It has just a building option and few blocks with main menu.

This picture is taken from v.0.0.4. You can see that we are generating randomly this map with those blocks.

And this one is from current version v.0.0.9. There's simple inventory, a bomb which you can pick up or just move around. Really poor grass system (anyone? Need a better one than just double sided plane with grass texture and then generated on map) and randomly made blocks adjusted to little bit smaller.

IDEA:

This is a game where you will build a shelter in given time. Then the enemies will come in waves and try to destroy your shelter and kill you. Enemy waves ofcourse get bigger and bigger if you do survive.

Killing enemies gives you money which you can use to upgrade your building block from wood to metal for example.
    You can also use money to upgrade your weapons (you can only upgrade power) or buy a new weapon.

We need a better name for this project so let me know some good names for this. :confused:

TODO:

1) Better grass system
    2) Throwable Bomb
    3) Some good name
    4) Weapons
    5) Enemy AI and Enemies

Any help is always needed, You might even get some money :cool:
    Contacts with email: azekriel@indiebitz.org

Or just reply to this thread.

Let me know what you think about it. :confused:

Our website: www.indiebitz.org

DOWNLOAD!!!
    http://indiebitz.org/upload/files/PT/Prototype-v0.0.9-32b.rar

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  2. SevenBits

SevenBits

Looks cool. Graphic style is a bit primitive, though.

3. Meltdown

Meltdown

While the graphic style might be what is decided for the game, I hope you're going to remove those awful Unity GUI elements/buttons in the middle of the screen before you release. Also the red popup is really hard to read.

4. Reefer

Reefer

Thanks for the feedback

And what comes to graphics:
    I know graphics style is little bit rough, what kind of style you would like to see? Toon style? Simplified style?

And what comes to unity GUI. Well, I'm a starter with Unity so I don't really know any other way of doing it.

5. Reefer

Reefer

I compiled the newest version for a test. Now, it's really a prototype, it's nowhere near a ready game. This is just for TESTING.

http://indiebitz.org/upload/files/PT/Prototype-v0.0.9-32b.rar

Keys:
    Left mouse - Build block, Take item
    E - Hold item (So far only item you can hold is the untextured bomb)
    B - Activates build mode
    1 and 2 - Changes block.
    TAB - Shows the inventory

Let me know what you guys think about it? Also I still need a name for it.