Search Unity

Indie/Pro feature comparison list?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Matariki, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Matariki

Matariki

Hi,
    I am looking for a feature list where I can easily compare the features that are available in indie and pro for the purpose of making a decision which version to buy. I like to know what features, shaders, scripts, etc etc are included in pro that are not part of the indie version. I know it is described to some extend and detail on the various web pages but a list would come very handy. Have I missed the web page that holds a feature list?

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

3. Matariki

Matariki

Doh! :roll:

Many thanks.

4. Morgan

Morgan

A detail that's NOT on that page: as I understand it, if you start with Indie and then upgrade to Pro, there's a $50 penalty vs. just buying Pro to begin with. (That's actually making me less likely to get Pro--I'd rather wait for Unity 2.0 is there's a penalty to pay now. Had I known to begin with, I would have thought long and hard about just buying Pro to start with, and saving a little money.)

Regardless of price, though, it's a great package!

5. Matariki

Matariki

Thanks for the information and your thoughts, Morgan. As it looks I will go with the indie first and upgrade when I need more versatility such as plugins, shaders etc

6. socksy

socksy

Is this an uncommon practice for a normal to pro upgrade price for software? I was under the impression that it wasn't, and it's usually just not mentioned - you'd have to work it out with the prices.

Looking at Macromedia/Adobe's website, it doesn't look like you can upgrade Flash 8 to Flash 8 Pro at all, only previous versions. Any other software?

Shaders are fully supported in Unity Indy, just the things they can applied on are not (such as Render to Textures).

7. podperson

podperson

I totally agree with Morgan w.r.t. the $50 penalty. If I'd known I might have thought about pro or waiting for the Blitz Max 3D module.