Search Unity

"IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array." bunch of console errors

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jordanemery70, Aug 25, 2019.

1. jordanemery70

jordanemery70

Hi everyone,

I'm using Unity 2019.1.12f1
    I did Install Unity Recorder with Package Manager --> Advanced --> Show preview Packages... Now I get a bunch of compile errors like this :

"IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array."

My Waypoints script for moving objects and Aura script for volumetric light seems to not be recognized anymore. What's weird is that I can see in Camera Preview that everything works fine but not in the game tab (no light, no movement, nothing). I uninstalled Unity Recorder but nothing better happened... orf

Please, can you help me?
    I don't understand how to resolve this and I would like to not start everything again :(

THANKS

2. jordanemery70

jordanemery70

Anyone, please ?

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What is on line 14 of your script that is showing the error? Please post your code.

4. jordanemery70

jordanemery70

This one is for the error in my Waypoints script. Line 14 (with the error) is in bold:
    --

using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;

public class Waypoints : MonoBehaviour {

public GameObject[] waypoints;
    int current = 0;
    float rotSpeed;
    public float speed;
    float WPradius = 1;

void Update() {
    if (Vector3.Distance(waypoints[current].transform.position, transform.position) < WPradius)
    {
    current++;
    if (current >= waypoints.Length)
    {
    current = 0;
    }
    }
    transform.position = Vector3.MoveTowards(transform.position, waypoints[current].transform.position, Time.deltaTime * speed);

}

}

--

THANKS

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

And what is the value of current at run time, using Debug.Log or breakpoint debugging? You may have an index value out of bounds :)

6. jordanemery70

jordanemery70

I did start all over again.
    Don't worry.
    Thanks a lot ;)