Search Unity

Independent Camera Pose Control

Discussion in 'VR' started by rkkonrad, Nov 6, 2018.

1. rkkonrad

rkkonrad

Hi there! I have a rather nuanced question and I hope there is an easy answer! I was wondering if there is a way to independently control the left and right eye camera poses? And if so. From where? I have the newest Oculus SDK and Unity Plugin (1.31 and 1.30.0, respectively) and have been picking at the OVRCameraRig.cs but whenever I make any modifications to the anchor points, the camera views don't seem to update. I can modify the tracker transform, but then after that it seems there is some behind the scenes magic that sets up the left and right cameras.

I know this is must be a rather odd question because why would anyone want to do something so weird!? But I'm looking into a specific depth cue and need control over these cameras independently. I just need to add small independent rotations to the left and right cameras after they have been transformed into head space (i.e. after the tracker has performed its transform). Is this possible? I've read somewhere that Unity performs the local rotation and translation transforms of the left and right eyes relative to the tracking space. Is there a way to expose this?