Search Unity

Independent Asset Store

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotCoderGuy, Jun 22, 2019.

1. NotCoderGuy

NotCoderGuy

Till now Asset Store is embedded in Unity Editor and to use that I have to load a project and then I can use the Asset Store for downloading can Unity Technologies can provide an independent Asset Store Just like Unity Hub which manages Unity Updates and it's own updates, a feature which can update the assets installed automatically...

Because It really hurts using embedded Asset Store just to download a UnityPackage which even don't get updated automatically...

Kiwasi, Amon, Socrates and 2 others like this.
  2. Amon

Amon

An Asset Store Hub, seperate from unity, for updating and downloading purchased assets, would reduce my stress levels when dealing with it via Unity. So, yeah, +1 to this.

joshcamas, Socrates and Ony like this.
  3. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

We've been asking for this for years. A standard browser interface allowing you to download your assets independently of unity would be the best.

A unity hub dedicated downloader wouldn't be as good, but it would be miles ahead of the ugly browser in editor solution we have now.

4. XCPU

XCPU

I wouldn't mind so much if the MyAssets didn't take so long to load, and Updates are even worse
    as you must wait a second time when switching to 'Status'
    This is the only thing I use the Editor browser for, otherwise I'm using my regular browser to shop\buy etc.

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Ony likes this.
  6. Player7

Player7

I believe the package manager will eventually be used to replace the asset store unitypackages, where the things like version, history and update notifications would be possible, just think it should also still support extracting the package into the project like current unitypackages . ... Anyway if you believe it enough, it will happen.... sometime around 2020?

Also think we should have an hub asset store browser ...where the browser actually has tabs... I mean if you use a proper browser and want to download/update an asset it should open the hub browser.. at least it's better than it wanting to open the unity editor.

joshcamas and Amon like this.