Search Unity

Feedback Independant Saturation Setting for HDR?

Discussion in 'Graphics Dev Blitz Day 2023 - Q&A' started by sacb0y, May 25, 2023.

1. sacb0y

sacb0y

This is a request, but I was wondering if it would be a good idea to add a saturation slider to the HDR display settings.

I see this occasionally in games and it can help manage a games visuals vs how it may be made for SDR.

While ideally one experience is prefered, the lack of HDR on most PC gamers displays continues to make SDR a priority even though on consoles HDR is much more common.

A saturation and maybe even a black level and brightness setting would help manage these variances for users who may add HDR to their release without much consideration for how many different scenes may look. This would be on top of any existing color adjustment. Defaulting at current configurations.

The settings I mentioned have been seen in games like Eldenring, Jedi Survivor, which have been some of my favorites HDR wise.

My experience with HDR in unity so far has been positive and it's a focus for me to want to balance thing so SDR or HDR doesn't suffer, but as a gamer I know many devs may not pay attention to these things but need to respond to customer demand. So having more settings to expose may work in those devs favor.

EDIT: oops meant to do feature request not feedback lol...