Search Unity

Increasingthe resolution on Reflection probe HDRP

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Daniel_Artist, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

Hello,
    Does anybody know any method tho increase the resolution of reflection probes in HDRP?
    I've seen a thread around here where somebody said that the option will be available in the 2019.x versions of unity, but so far...nothing changed.

Is there any other way? or it should remain stuck at 128?

Cheers,

Attached Files:

2. antoinel_unity

antoinel_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, in the HDRP asset under the Lighting section, you have a Reflection Cubemap field to change the resolution of the probes: upload_2019-7-17_15-7-47.png

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  3. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

i already played with those settings...but it doesn't seem to affect anything....

4. antoinel_unity

antoinel_unity

Unity Technologies

Which version of HDRP / Unity are you using ?

5. Daniel_Artist

Daniel_Artist

I am using 5.16.1
    There are allot of problems with the HDRP still....but who knows, maybe they will fix it in the future

6. MohsenneChaverdie

MohsenneChaverdie

Does anybody knows how to to increase Reflection Cubemap Size in HDRP without getting error like "This configuration will lead to more than 2 GB reserved for this cache at runtime!"

How can I change the reserved size?

James_Arndt likes this.
  7. John1515

John1515

Why are the resolution settings for reflection probes global in HDRP? I usually have different settings per probe depending on use case.

Also, the probe gets broken (completely green) when changing resolution.. Unexpected behaviour. Texture shows correctly in the inspector, but reflections in the scene are green.

AntonioModer likes this.
  8. iamarugin

iamarugin

Because they are packed into texture arrays. And texture arrays require all its items to have the same resolution.

AntonioModer likes this.
  9. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi,

>Does anybody knows how to to increase Reflection Cubemap Size in HDRP without getting error like "This >configuration will lead to more than 2 GB reserved for this cache at runtime!"

If you get this message it mean that you are allocating too much memory (that the binary of unity can't handle currently).
    So you need to reduce the number of reflection probe you have in the array or the resolution.

>Why are the resolution settings for reflection probes global in HDRP?
    It is because of the tile/cluster architecture of HDRP and also for performance reasons (using Atlas is possible but can waste more memory and ALU).

>Also, the probe gets broken (completely green) when changing resolution.
    Be sure to have latest version of HDRP for your current binary.