Search Unity

Increase Button Size but Keep Spacing the Same?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by infinitypbr, Sep 4, 2014.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hello,

I have a button layout for my game, similar to a game pad (diamond shape). In the editor I set up the size to be about how I'd like for a phone, but when I play on the phone, sine the resolution is so great, the buttons end up quite small (like in the bottom image).

If I allow the buttons to stretch with the screen size change, they end up overlapping each other.

Is there a way to allow them to grow/shrink based on the screen size/ratio while maintaining their basic layout? (IE, not overlapping)?

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Have the 4 buttons be in a box that is divided into 4, set the anchors for each button to me at the 1/2 side of each side. Add the buttons, then rotate the parent box.

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm not sure what you mean. I added panels and made the buttons children of those. However when they grow in size, they grow in such a way that they overlap, as seen in the photo. However, I don't know if you meant panel when you said box, and I don't know what you mean by divided by 4 and what not.

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

4. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Like in the image here. You can then rotate the container by 45 degrees and use the reference resolution on the canvas :)

Attached Files:

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That did the trick, thanks!