Search Unity

1. Read here to learn more about our latest preview of the XR Interaction Toolkit.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

Incorrect render of Graphics.Blit / CommandBuffer.Blit in VR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Poupi, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Poupi

Poupi

Hey,

I'm facing a strange issue when using Graphics.Blit / CommandBuffer.Blit in VR (Oculus). Under Unity 2017.4.10, everything looks fine. I have a camera that renders a layer offscreen on a RenderTexture with a lower resolution and then blit it on the scree. With Unity 2017.4.14 or above (2018.x), both eyes are offseted and the stereoscopic effect is messed. It's like the matrix used when rendering to a render texture have changed between these Unity versions.
    When using a Vive headset with the OpenVR SDK, the issue is present even on Unity 2017.4.10.
    Does anyone knows why this is happening or is it just an unwanted regression ?

eyes.jpg

The red sphere is rendered offscreen. The top image is the left eye using 2017.4.10, both spheres are perfectly aligned. The bottom image are both eyes using 2017.4.14. We can clearly see that the red sphere is not aligned anymore with the grey one.

Bugtracker link : https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1111148_rc1f1qjjrojoj8r9
    Reproduction project attached to this thread.

Thanks !

Attached Files:

2. Shane_Michael

Shane_Michael

3. Poupi

Poupi

Damn no, I was looking at assymetric FOV when working on Oculus Quest but I totally missed the implementation on Oculus Rift ! Thanks a lot, this will probably solve my issues :)

unityunity