Search Unity

Bug Incorrect input callbacks on IL2CPP MacOS builds using Xbox One wireless bluetooth gamepad

Discussion in 'Input System' started by beevik_, May 1, 2023.

1. beevik_

beevik_

In all known versions of Unity 2022.2, the MacOS player incorrectly interprets inputs from the wireless Xbox One controller in IL2CPP player builds. This wasn't the case in Unity 2021.3, so I suspect something changed with the engine's built-in input system that broke something. I'm using the new input system with package version 1.5.1, although I also reproduced the bug with package version 1.3.0. (I'm seeing this bug on a 64-bit intel-based MacBook Pro.)

The manfestation of the bug is that gamepad inputs are scrambled. If you press one button, it is incorrectly interpreted as a different button (or a gamepad stick movement). If you move one stick, another stick is also reported as updating.

The bug doesn't occur when running in the editor, nor does it occur with Mono-based player builds on the Mac. It also doesn't occur on Windows-based player builds using the same controller.

I've submitted a Unity bug report (IN-39861) and will update this post as I hear more from Unity.

2. beevik_

beevik_

Update: I have received a notification that the bug has been confirmed and assigned to the appropriate Unity dev team.

3. Wriggler

Wriggler

I'm seeing this issue too. It's quite mad - the inputs are all over the place. I'm actually relieved to see your post, as I thought I was going crazy! Any news on a fix yet?

Ben

4. beevik_

beevik_

It appears the fix just got deployed to 2022.3.5f1

5. Francoimora

Francoimora

Is it working for you ? In our game, it still doesn't work in 2022.3.11f1, Input System 1.7.0.