Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Incorrect AO in HDRP

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by jankasperczyk2, Jul 19, 2019.

1. jankasperczyk2

jankasperczyk2

As you can see in the image the AO is not displayed properly, actually its invisible i think.

Attached Files:

2. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

Without more information, we won't be able to help, as the overall look of the object (not considering AO) is very different.
    What is your Unity Editor version ? HDRP version ? What settings did you use on your material, in the volume settings and in the HDRP asset ?

3. rastlin

rastlin

I will shed some light on the setup as we are working together.

• HDRP 5.16
    • Unity 2019.1.9f
    • HDRP Lit shader
      • Specular mode
      • Difuse + Mask + Specular + Normal masks
    • HDRP asset - most of the settings are turned on, default value
    • Scene settings:
    • scenesettings.PNG
    • Scene has 2 lights - one main and one rim(identical with 0.2 Intesity):
    • light.PNG

4. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

Do you have a static lighting sky component set to use the HDRY sky for the ambient ?
    As stated in the name, Ambiant Occlusion will block the ambiant (and indirect) lighting. If in the scene you showed you don't have an ambiant light (from the StaticLightingSky component) or indirect lighting (light bounces bakes in probes), the effect of AO will not be visible.

5. rastlin

rastlin

Than you Remy, indeed setting the Static Light Sky to HDRISky fixed ambient map in Lit material.

This is confusing, the documentation states that Static Light Sky is only used during light baking process. Why this component affects realtime lighting calculation on ambient occlusion?

6. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

I forwarded your remark to the doc team, thanks :)