Search Unity

Resolved Inconsistent positioning between build and editor with Netcode For GameObjects

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by yoavtc2004, Feb 6, 2024.

1. yoavtc2004

yoavtc2004

Hi! When I build my game and test it as host is unity editor and connected client is a build, on the client side both of my character's Z axis is -5 (Like I want them to be)

But on the host's side, the connected client's Z axis is 0.

This changes though if I connect to the host via another instance of the Unity editor, so it seems like the problem is only when the connected client is a build.

This is weird to me because as I said it works when testing with two editors, but not when testing with an editor and a build. Seems to be some inconsistency with the build whether its somehow in my code (Didn't write anything specific that changes between build and editor)

Help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

PS, if something is unclear please tell me and I'll try to rephrase it better.

EDIT: Found the bug, the network manager spawned the prefabs on 0, 0, 0. and since I wasnt syncing the Z axis and even if I was, it didn't get updated, then the transform of a client from the view of another client was still on 0 on the Z axis since there wasn't an update sent.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2024