Search Unity

Inconsistent lighting between editor and android build

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by hkdtmer, Jan 8, 2016.

1. hkdtmer

hkdtmer

If I create a new project with an empty scene in 5.3 and create a object such as a cube, and delete the default directional light in the scene, the cube is still illuminated but just dimmer, and the android build also looks similar with the editor.

But in my existing project, if delete all lighting then all objects will be completely black in the editor, even if I create a new default cube with default material it will still be completely black, but in the android build the scene is still illuminated. If the scene has a light the lighting in the android build will be doubled and objects will become too bright.

So my question is, how to completely black out everything in both editor and android build if there is no light in the scene? I fiddled with project settings, GI, lighting, graphics and quality settings but still cannot achieve the desired result.

Thanks in advance.

2. PeteUnity3D

PeteUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Hi hkdtmer.

I suspect it's either the ambient light in the scene (Found under the lighting panel) or the default reflections. Do you have a screen shot of what you're experiencing?

Thanks,
    Pete

hkdtmer likes this.
  3. hkdtmer

hkdtmer

You are right, thanks!