Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Including scriptable objects that depend on DLL makes the system fail

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by AlexVillalba, Jun 1, 2020.

1. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

Hi everybody,

I have just installed Addressables 1.8.3 package (also tried with 1.9.2) in a project where I have more third party libraries like Photon Bolt and DoTween. These libraries use scriptable objects for configuring some features, and such scriptable object implementations are inside their respective DLLs. When I press the Play button in the editor, or when I try to build the addressable assets (empty, no groups created yet, the list only shows the scenes and the assets in resources folders) I get the following errors, one per scriptable object included in the resources folder:

If I delete the 3 scriptable objects, then everything is fine (but, obviously, the libraries don't work).
    If I build the project and run the executable, it crashes when invoking Addressables.InitializeAsync:

I guess it is because there is no generated addressable data.

Is there any solution I can apply to this problem? Is it a limitation of the Addressable assets system? I guess I'm not the first person that has added this kind of libraries that force you to keep scriptable objects in the resources folder.

Thanks in advance.

phobos2077 likes this.
  2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

3. AlexVillalba

AlexVillalba

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Thank you. The team wanted me to pass along that they are aware of this one, and are looking to address it soon.

5. mm1982

mm1982

Hi,
    is there a link to the bug that was filed? I'd like to follow the progress

6. alevillalba

alevillalba