Search Unity

Incidents and Bug Reports

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by QA-for-life, Aug 17, 2015.

1. QA-for-life

QA-for-life

Unity Technologies

I wrote a blog post about an "Incident Bash" we conducted earlier this year and it contains a fair bit of information about how we handle reports submitted by users.

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/08/17/the-great-incident-bash-of-2015/

As is mentioned in the post, we are working on a lot of things to improve the bugreporter itself. These should trickle in through the upcoming versions in 5.3 and 5.4, but we will continue after that as well.

In the meantime, please help us with the bugreports you submit by providing detailed information about the bug, included preferably with a project which helps reproduce the issue as fast as possible.

2. liortal

liortal

Replied to the blog, but here is better (i can at least get a notification when someone replies):

Nice post.

Unfortunately (for our team), the response from QA regarding most of the bugs i have submitted lately are pretty poor (i believe i provide enough information in the description, as always).

Most of the issues i raised did not receive any response. I recall things to be different a while ago. Perhaps it has to do with the current release phases and what not.

3. QA-for-life

QA-for-life

Unity Technologies

Hey Lior,

Questions:

1. Did you get a response to them?
    2. Can you get me the numbers?

4. Meltdown

Meltdown

When are you adding a checkbox option on the bug reporter to say 'Link to Project included in description' ?

Apparently a lot of the repros and bugs I submitted were 'marked down' because I didn't attach the multi GB Unity project. But I did link to a repro project in the bug description.

liortal likes this.
  5. andymads

andymads

Are you still fixing bugs for Unity 4 or would I be wasting my time reporting them?

6. SpiriTx

SpiriTx

Graphics QA Unity Technologies

We discussed that in another thread, but the main point is, that people or hosting sites themselves (if you use free service) tend to clean-up such hosted projects and it often happens that the project gets removed before we get to look at it or in the process of fixing.

Simply attaching that smaller repro when reporting a bug is for now the best solution as it's saved on our servers and is always available for internal use.

Meltdown likes this.
  7. SpiriTx

SpiriTx

Graphics QA Unity Technologies

It was responded by Thomas under the blog, so I'll just copy it here:
    "4.x only gets attention if we have issues from our enterprise customers OR there is an issue with IL2CPP. In some cases we also back port a fix all the way to 4.6, but it is getting very rare. 4.x will sunset completely by the end of this year."