Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

In transitions settings, where is ‘can transition to self’?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Patrk, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Patrk

Patrk

I have a character in mecanim that is dying on the final frame, but it keeps repeating over and over again as I just want it to die once and then stay down. Other answers on here have said all you need to do is turn off looping in import animations which is fine, and also untick ‘can transition to self’ in the transition settings. I cant see any ‘can transition to self’ tick box…all I see in transition settings are…exit time, fixed duration, transition duration etc….any idea where this is? maybe the animation needs to have root-motion? (mine moves with a script), maybe it’s featured in older versions of unity? maybe its just in the pro version? thanks.

2. tcz8

tcz8

Did you manage to fix this? I cant find either... I know it was there before as I've used it multiple times.
    I wonder if there is some sort of condition for it to show up...
    I'm in 2018.4.6f1 what about you?

3. nineswordz

nineswordz

I know this issue is months old but, did you guys manage to solve this? I actually stumbled here looking for answers too.

4. Shmug

Shmug

From what I found, "Transition to self" is only an option if using the "Any State".

anycolourulike and avictorsa like this.
  5. Contact1

Contact1

yeah I'm trying to find it as well it seems when I want to move to a different animation it the animation only plays the first frame if that makes sense =/

so I found the can transition to self if you click on the Arrows pointing to the animation you want to change in "Animator" then on the top far right side you'll see a gear click on that and click "Debug" then at the bottom on the list you'll see "Can Transition to Self"

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  6. OnYtoln147

OnYtoln147

old post, but you can click on the state you want and then press Make Transition and make the transition to the same state

7. MehdiKool

MehdiKool

How can you do that ? Because I tried to come back to default state to make a endless loop with a serie of animations from A to C and come back to A. It would be very helpful if you can explain