Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

"In The Cloud" project folder download failure

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Green_Cafe, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Green_Cafe

Green_Cafe

I created a project in the cloud and enabled everything I need:
    • Collab
    • Analytics
    • Cloud Build
    When I go to the Unity launcher on my Desktop and try and download the project to my specified directory, it fails. I tried on multiple drives in multiple circumstances and every time I get the error:

"Creating Project folder failed!"

I could be making a big novice mistake (if I am, please correct me) or this could be a bug. Please let me know! I'm eager to start using these new features.

2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Hi @SilentSword12
    I'm sorry you are running into troubles! Would you be willing to submit a bug report for me? I know you are getting errors before the Editor fully launches, so to submit a bug report you will have to use the Bug Reporter app. You can find out how to do that here: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

If you could add your editor.log and editor-prev.log as attached files that would be amazing (how to do that here)! Let's find out why you can't create a project folder and get you resolved asap!

3. Green_Cafe

Green_Cafe

I think I realised my mistake but I will post the bug report anyways. I have special characters in my project name which I'm sure Windows is getting mad about. That's an incredible novice mistake to make and I apologise for wasting your time. But if there was an actual issue behind this as I have yet to correct the issue, I'm going to post a bug report.

4. Green_Cafe

Green_Cafe

@holliebuckets The special character ':' caused the issue and I have corrected it since. But for future use I recommend in the cloud, not allowing special characters, but again it was my mistake and I apologise.

holliebuckets likes this.
  5. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

@SilentSword12 awww thanks so much for the update! :D Never a waste of time :) One time I submitted a 2D collision bug and was quite angry... i had to collider components attached...HAHAHA! I can't judge!! ^_^

Best of luck with development! Please don't hesitate to reach out again

6. nbergs

nbergs

Just ran into this guy as well. It'd be really awesome if you could surface the more specific invalid file/folder name syntax error instead of the generic folder create failed one, and even more awesome if you disallowed invalid characters in the Collab project titles if that's the folder name it'll use when it's sync'd.

7. Alexy89

Alexy89

Hey guys i got a different problem with Unity cloud thing. When someone else has uploaded something for me to download i click it and when i do that it opens up the space BUT what that person uploaded isn't there (meaning that it didn't download that) Could you please help me fix this it probably will be very easy but it would be nice

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Alexy89! I'm sorry you're having issues getting your teammate's changes. There's a couple things we can try. Can you open the Collab History window, either through the Collab Toolbar or from the Windows menu, and see your teammate's changes there? If you do, try going back to an earlier revision, than restoring to the latest. Does your teammate's changes show up then?

9. DoggoCo

DoggoCo

I'm having the same problem, but I have no 'special characters' in my project name. This could be a bug, no idea.

10. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @DoggoCo! Could you try getting in touch with our Support team so that we can find out why you're running into this issue?

11. MarciM

MarciM

For people that might run into this issue and can not download a cloud project: Check your project name for blanks (spaces). Also make sure to give your cloud project a unique name. Log into the Collab Dashboard and select the project and under "Settings -> General" rename your project.

My project name was "Project 01 " (trailing blank) instead of "Project 01". After renaming the project everything worked fine.

12. AlexandruSpasenie

AlexandruSpasenie

This was my case also, thank you for reminding me.