Search Unity

In search of a 2D-Artist to help my Tactical RPG for mobile come to life!

Discussion in 'Commercial: Job Offering' started by ComanderIke, Jul 11, 2021.

1. ComanderIke

ComanderIke

I am looking for an amateur or intermediate artist to do some character sprites, 4 to be specific.

The characters themselves are very small in order to fit on a grid-based map on mobile.
    Since they are so small they need to be clearly distinguishable from one another.
    They must fit in a 180/180px quad!

In terms of art style, I'm not fixated on one yet.
    Something imitating the style of Darkest Dungeon would be nice (see video below)

For each character I need:
    - a single frame for: attack, dodge, damaged, critical hit
    - and multiple frames for: idle and walk
    - one face sprite.
    Single frame animations will work like in Darkest Dungeon (
    )

About my game:

A medieval fantasy setting with turn-based combat on a grid.
    The gameplay will be similar to a traditional Fire Emblem game with some new elements, like a stamina system.
    As I have solo developed this game for a while now, I am quite far in technical development. However, the game still mostly uses placeholder art for characters, backgrounds, etc.

Here is a short clip of how it currently looks:

Payment:
    Per asset or revenue share whichever suits you. Price tier depending on qualification.

I would like to receive the assets (4 characters) within 3 months but am willing to compromise on the time frame.

Looking for a dependable artist that I can come back to if I need one more character or two.

Depending on your interest, you can have a voice in the overall visual style of the game, and continue working with me long term. I am planning to ship more T-RPGs after this.

If you are interested I would love to give you more info and answer any questions you might have.