Search Unity

Question In person course for over 40s in Sheffield, England?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by RichAllen2023, Oct 3, 2022.

1. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Above.

I am aware of Google and use it frequently.

I had a conversation with a guy from Sheffield College an hour ago on my mobile, he basically told me that because I have no aspirations for a full time career in the games industry (for various reasons I cannot work 40 hours a week) the course isn't suitable, I'm also allegedly too old at 46 for a course full of 16/17 year olds with 1000 GCSEs to their name.

All I wanna do is learn how to make a few games and get a qualification for it, but obviously my age is against me, if I was ever intended to go to Uni I'd have done it 30 years ago like my Brother did.

Can anyone help? As mentioned I know this is an International forum, and I am aware of Google.

2. Esteban-Gallardo

Esteban-Gallardo

I cannot recommend any in-person course. I could recommend the free gamedev online bootcamp I did if you want to learn about professional game development but you won't get the official qualification/certification you are looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPtjK_bez3T4-OWhfs3TXY3uYfsUaOuXr

In any case, if you are interested in professional game development, look for a course where topics related to design patterns (singleton pattern, observer pattern, component pattern, command pattern, MVC pattern, etc...), OOP, SOLID principles, Agile Methodologies because that is the foundation that professional software engineers use to work in complex game software projects.

RichAllen2023 likes this.