Search Unity

In need of a relatively easy first project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrw3bby, Dec 18, 2011.

1. mrw3bby

mrw3bby

Hello Unity Community! :)
    I have had a little experience in unity but never finished a project. I'm not ashamed to say my ideas are too ambitious. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of a reasonably easy project to start, that can be easily added too. For example new maps or game modes or weapons. Art assets are not a problem as I ain't half bad at creating them. It's the scripting I struggle with.. I look forward to replies... Thanks guys

2. carking1996

carking1996

3. mrw3bby

mrw3bby

hehe... Not quite what I had in mind :)

4. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Pong or 2D Space Shooter.

5. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Do the same as me, make this. put together within a few weeks, nice simple idea if you copy will get your started well i think :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz9SwVJ9eeI&context=C36a257cADOEgsToPDskLsoBwbkRY6SCK0eUaFW3LX

also, if/once you get a basic project finished, pm me a video of sorts :) i'm looking to collab on my next iOS app which is reletivly simple, looking to start mid january and finish febuary before I go on holiday, if your interested and meet the skill level It could be a possibility :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  6. Jibidiah

Jibidiah

gnoP. It's pong in reverse. You play as the AI while the AI plays as the player

7. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Lolololol. Thats like my version of Pac Man, Nam Cap. You are the ghosts.

8. mrw3bby

mrw3bby

9. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

10. taumel

taumel

Well, unless you haven't improved massively since what you produced nearly a year ago, chances exist that doing Pong might be still out of your reach as it involves quite some great music, some game logic, versatile level design and last but not least gameplay with a decent flow.

11. adaman

adaman

+1

There is so much to learn from a simple, complete pong clone.

12. reissgrant

reissgrant

How about start with the included tutorials, everything is spelled out for you and it's a great learning tool.

13. npsf3000

npsf3000

I agree, pong is too easy to do.

SO F(@* DO IT.

If it takes only half an hour you've proven us wrong - and it's faster than posting otherwise. If it takes longer than that then you'll know what we are talking about.

I was lucky that I had to make games as part of my education. My first was an attempt at a game engine and failed miserably. My second and third where masterpieces [comparitive to other students, I've learnt a lot since them of course] and where much simpler.