Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

In Los Angeles the weekend October 15 and 16

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David-Helgason, Sep 21, 2005.

1. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

Unity Technologies

Hi guys,

I'll be attending an Apple software-in-education conference at Laguna College of Art and Design (October 13 and 14).

The following weekend I'll be staying in LA for tourism and jetlag control. Will anyone here be in the area. I'd love to have dinner with some Unity enthusiasts.

d.

2. boxy

boxy

dang it I wish some of these things were held in the North of UK :) It would be cool to meet you guys!
    Boxy

3. Richard_B

Richard_B

Sadly I pass through a month later! I will be in London for all of Decmeber though...

Richard.

4. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

But the idea of a Unity conference somewhere at some time in the future sounds good. Like a three day Unity-fest, so we can all put faces to the names on the forums.

5. boxy

boxy

Aw hey that is getting closer, by then I'll have just moved to Edinburgh - I think you guys should all have a conference in Edinburgh, its a very pretty place ;)
    Boxy

6. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Aye! Then I can hop on a train and visit my relatives (south) in Kilsyth!

7. boxy

boxy

:) Cool - surely then we at least are destined to meet at some point Davey!

(Sorry David, not meaning to hijack your post)
    Boxy

8. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

Unity Technologies

Now, wouldn't that be fun. My vote would be for a game-jam type thing (because it's so damn fun)... maybe sometime in the spring/summer?

On other notes, we are actually co-hosting a game-jam with the IT-University of Copenhagen (where we have our offices) this January. Local students will be taking part, but also the multimedia team of Danish National Broadcasting (a public-service organization modelled after the BBC, if a tad smaller).

Nicholas is our anchorman for it: Nich, It's a bit of a short notice, but could we invite someone to join it?

d.

9. Vintage64

Vintage64

I am game!

10. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

Unity Technologies

Perfect! You know a good place to eat?

d.

11. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

It would be great to have some seasoned Unity users here for the GameJam, so we can kick butt big time. I'm doing a 4-hour intro to Unity for the newbies, and both Joe and I will be on-hand to help out / answer questions, help on the designs, etc....

It's an open event, so people can just join... It costs a bit of money to participate, but that is just paying for the food at the event.

A lot of info about this thing is still in flux. When there's something concrete, I'll keep everyone posted.