Search Unity

Feedback In game security

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by giddingsliam, Nov 16, 2021.

1. giddingsliam

giddingsliam

Hi I'm creating a game that incorporates blockchain. If a player collects a token they'll receive a tiny amount of a crypto currency. My concern is someone could create AI software that could continously play my game and collect tokens unfairly. My idea would be to have random questions pop up throughout the game. If the player doesn't answer correctly I can boot them off. I'm new to game development and was wondering where could I learn about adding such a system ? Also any other ideas are welcome. Thank-you

2. neginfinity

neginfinity

What you're describing can be done with normal client/server architecture where server polls people with question from time to time.

However, you should expect the player to get angry and uninstall the game after seeing the first question for the first time.

Also, if you're doing any calculations at the client side, people will simply strip off the game code and keep the mining-related part isntead. Unless you try to obfuscate/etc. They can also disable the question check.

3. ippdev

ippdev

Make the game have procedural rules that can introduce some mechanic or pick-up method which can be changed with a random number from time to time. AI will not be able to learn such without mega training on the full scenario. It does not have to be a question to introduce human reading instructions and responding. It can be a button that opens a door or similar with a human only readable instructional mechanic. You can make the instructional a graphic so the instructional text is not parseable from any code.