Search Unity

In Data Explorer how visualize custom events results broken into categories ?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Aladine, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Aladine

Aladine

Hi,

Am basically asking about this official post

I have a custom event named "Level_End" and it sends these parameters:

Level_ID, the name of the level (string)
    Life_used, how many time the player died (int)
    Time_spent, how much time player spent in the level (float)
    Shots_Made, how many shots the player did in that level (int)

I want to visualize those data (sum, average, count) based on the Level_ID parameters, exactly what that link shows.

Is this possible ? cause for now i don't know how to do it as i don't seem to have that option in my Data Explorer.

Thank you

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Aladine

Unfortunately, it currently isn't possible to compare parameters against each other.

One possible workaround would be to create a different event for each level, so you can view the parameter per level. However, the feasibility of this will depend on how many levels you have. (A handful of levels should be fine, but any more than that and the whole list becomes less usable.)

The only other option would be to use Raw Data Export, which is available with Pro subscriptions:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsRawDataExport.html
    https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-u...ries-with-Unity-Analytics-and-Raw-Data-Export
    https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-u...ced-Queries-with-Unity-Analytics-Part-2-Excel

3. Aladine

Aladine

wow! really ?
    can you please shed some light on a practical use of the funnels then ?
    and is that official post i mentioned deprecated ?

The game currently have ~100 levels and we will add more if it get good retention, so i don't think the "event per level" approach could work.

Sorry if this gonna sound blatant or rude, but, what am trying to achieve is very basic data comparison, did you guys explicitly removed it so it became a pro-only feature ?

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Aladine

I don't quite follow how this relates to funnels. Funnels are defined outside of the Data Explorer and they are processed separately. Do you have a specific funnel that was not processed correctly?

The dashboard has never had the ability to compare parameters against each other. Looking at that post, the UI has been updated, but it is showing the same functionality that exists today.

Using your initial example, you can get the count of each of the values in the Level_ID parameter for the Level_End event (or any string parameter). You will also be able to view the sum, count, and average of the Life_used per day for the Level_End event (or any int or float parameter).

What we currently lack is a way to visualize the average Life_used per Level_ID in the Level_End event.

Aladine likes this.
  5. Aladine

Aladine

this sums it up, we ended up using a Level_End_ID type of events, thanks for the help.