Search Unity

In Common: bikes for the iPad

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by shawnpigott, May 18, 2011.

1. shawnpigott

shawnpigott

My company, Fox&Bee, has just released In Common: bikes, which uses stories, photographs, interactive resources and games to celebrate bikes and cycling in different cultures.

Artists, writers and photographers have contributed material from over 16 countries. There are personal stories and beautiful photo essays that offer many different perspectives, ranging from avid, hardcore cyclists to people who only ride once in a while. Users are invited to submit photos of their own bikes to the In Common Gallery; participate in a game in which players submit scores to reach a common goal and unlock new features; or access information on over thirty bike-related organizations around the world. While In Common: bikes provides lots of useful information, it also creates a sense of community and connection. Users are invited to become active participants in the project.

Plus, a portion of In Common's proceeds are used to provide microloans through Kiva, a non-profit organization that provides assistance to developing businesses. The app is about connecting with people and celebrating how we have similar needs, so we thought directing money into Kiva loans was a great way of supporting other small businesses and communities.

In Common: bikes is now available for purchase through the iTunes App Store for $2.99. For more information about In Common: bikes, and to learn about the subject of the next In Common project, visit our website at http://www.foxandbee.com .

Thanks to everyone on the forums who answered my questions and helped us get this app completed. We're really excited to keep going with the In Common philosophy, and releasing the next project, In Common: shoes, this summer.

In Common screen shots

In Common: bike's iTunes page

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Congratulations on the release. I personally am not interested in bikes or shoes but if it were ladies, then I would be fumbling over myself to reach the ipad.