Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

In App Purchases plugin

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by amolinahvs, Aug 21, 2013.

1. amolinahvs

amolinahvs

Is there a unity plugin available for processing in app purchases on the BlackBerry? I believe there was a plugin available while the BlackBerry 10 Beta was still active, that should now be available on the asset store. Unfortunately searching the asset store returns zero results. Should I just write my own?

2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

I'll see what I can find out about this.

3. rmadhavan7

rmadhavan7

Hi amolinahvs,

I am from BlackBerry and we are in the final stage of submitting the IAP and Scoreloop plugins to the Unity Asset Store. It should be released very soon but unfortuantely I dont have an ETA though.

Best, Ram

4. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

That's great news! Just out of curiosity, will those be paid or free?

5. dberroa

dberroa

Would it be possible to request that Blackberry create a plugin for their advertising service for ads in game?

6. EvilDingo

EvilDingo

I'm eagerly anticipating this!

7. amolinahvs

amolinahvs

Thanks for the reply rmadhavan7.
    I was hoping that you could give me a few details about the IAP plugin interface. Specifically, will there be support for retrieving available goods for purchase?

8. rmadhavan7

rmadhavan7

The IAP plugin will be free.

9. rmadhavan7

rmadhavan7

I doubt it!
    The IAP plugin is basically a wrapper to the BlackBerry payment SDK (https://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__platform__paymentmanager.html) and it only has API to list the existing purchase but not all the goods.

Ram

10. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

After looking at your link. How do you call deleteLater via plugin ?
    [TABLE="class: outer_border, width: 500"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Note: After the request has finished, it is the responsibility of the user to delete the reply object at an appropriate time. Do not directly delete it inside the slot connected to any of the finished signals. You can use the [FONT=monospace !important]QObject::deleteLater()[/FONT] function.
    ,The returned reply is a child of the [FONT=monospace !important]PaymentManager[/FONT] to avoid memory leaks if the caller fails to delete it manually. The reply can be reparented if necessary (e.g., if it needs to live longer than the [FONT=monospace !important]PaymentManager[/FONT]).[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Not sure if it's related but I notice errors in the IAP plugin v1.0.1 when trying to get a list of Existing Purchases in Sandbox mode:
    The parent application could not be located with in the reconcile cache.

11. amolinahvs

amolinahvs

Is there another unity plugin I should be using for this functionality?
    It would also be helpful to have a method to determine if in app purchasing is available on the device.

I found this webpage that describes what I'm looking for. Specifically the DigitalGoods.get() and isAppWorldInstalledAndAtCorrectVersion() methods.

12. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

Anyone from BlackBerry around to help us out please ? My game's release is waiting on you.

I've detailed the problem here.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  13. chandu125

chandu125

Hi Friends,
    Is there any unity plugin for integrating ads into games other than blackberry advertising servicve.Present i am using bbads revinue is $0.let me know is there any possibility ad network for blackberry....

14. MarceloBarce

MarceloBarce

I know it's an old thread, but these days I was translating the tutorials on my blog from Portuguese to English and I made a detailed tutorial about in-app purchases for BlackBerry.

I did it because the official documentation was poor (in my opinion).

I don't know if there are people developing for BB10 yet, but anyway... if you need, this is the link to my tutorial:
    https://marcelobarce.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/in-app-purchases-english/

MrEsquire likes this.
  15. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks dude, we need a Flurry Analytics plugin, is this something you can make for us?