Search Unity

In-App Purchase and App Analytics

Discussion in 'Windows' started by PisethDXP2, Jul 25, 2013.

1. PisethDXP2

PisethDXP2

Hi, With the 4.2 Release, does Unity support In-App Purchase and App Analytics integration? if yes, how to do that? If No, when will it available?

Thanks

2. BFS-Kyle

BFS-Kyle

Hi Piseth0011,

Not sure as to whether Unity will add in support for IAP, but I do know there are two plugins out there that you can grab from the asset store that can handle IAP.

The first is my own plugin, which you can find at https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/10142 for $20 with IAP as well as many other features for WP8.

The second is located at https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/9435 for $30 with similar features but lacking Live Tiles.

-Kyle

3. PisethDXP2

PisethDXP2

Thanks Kyle,
    This is so great. I'm so interested in your plugin. This plugin will also works for Windows Store (Windows 8) ?

Thanks
    //Piseth

4. BFS-Kyle

BFS-Kyle

We do have another plugin coming out very shortly which will support Windows 8 Store apps with very similar features, so keep an eye out for that one!

5. RalfZimmer

RalfZimmer

Hi Piseth,
    our new Asset is available now and it supports InApp Purchase for Windows Phone 8. If you are interested in check out our documentation for integration here. It is very easy and quick. If you have any questions, you can mail or send me a PM.

support@zaubersee.de

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

To those whom it may concern: In-App purchases are implemented in Unity API in 4.3.

Athomield3D likes this.
  7. gv

gv

oh this will be fantastic if Unity is creating a common In App Purchase system for all platforms....

8. RalfZimmer

RalfZimmer

Yes, this will be really fantastic for all Windows developers. But I am angry because five of my working days are nullified. In the future it will be great for all Asset developers to have a road map on what will be available in the next version of Unity. So we can better plan our Assets for Unity.

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Reading this again, I think I didn't express myself clearly. Sorry for that - let me try again :).

There will be two APIs. One to check whether application is running in trial mode and another one to request app purchase. There isn't one for "unified" in-app purchase for extra goods, only to purchase app itself if it's running in trial mode. Furthermore, it will be supported only on Windows Store Apps and Windows Phone 8.

10. namine

namine

Come on Tautvydas don't be shy and tell us everything that will come to Unity 4.3 related to Windows and WP8 ;-)

11. zezba9000

zezba9000

I also just got a Plugin out that works with both Windows 8 and WP8 if your'e interested: http://u3d.as/content/reign-studios/reign-win8-wp8-support-/5pH

12. Tony-Butterfield

Tony-Butterfield

How is uniBill any different from the four plugins mentioned above?

I would like to use Unity3d to make an online store.
    Would that be the same as an inApp purchase?

13. Lohoris2

Lohoris2

Does this work for Windows Phone only, or you also have a Windows Store version?

14. BFS-Kyle

BFS-Kyle

15. Lohoris2

Lohoris2

16. tonic

tonic

If you're still looking for options for integrating analytics in addition to IAP stuff, I'd like to mention my solution for integrating Google Analytics to Unity projects:
    Google Universal Analytics in Asset Store. (forum thread here)

Google's new Universal Analytics has a "measurement protocol" specification, and the above package uses that to send hits to analytics. The advantage here is that there's no need for native library for each platform. So the same code actually works on mobile, desktop and web player platforms. It's implemented in pure C# and uses Unity's WWW class for networking.

17. SniperED007

SniperED007

Unity 4.3 is now released, could you give us more info on what these API's are called and how to use them etc?

18. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

19. SniperED007

SniperED007

20. gurdotan

gurdotan

To those still finding this thread useful. A lot has changed since 2013 :)
    I'd like to recommend developers to try the SOOMLA Store plugin. It includes:
    • Out-of-the-box billing support for App Store, Google Play, Amazon and Windows Phone 8
    • A rich virtual economy model
    • Encrypted on-device storage
    • Automatic user balance management
    • Receipt validation with our complimentary server
    See attached screenshot for a preview of the plugin.

For proper disclosure I'm one of the creators.