Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug (IN-62873) [1.2.0] Subscene streaming is completely broken

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by optimise, Dec 7, 2023.

1. optimise

optimise

IN-62873
    Although case IN-60915 fixed failed to bake environment subscene properly but now at 1.2.0-pre.4 subscene streaming is completely broken that it's no longer able to stream in and out scene sections anymore.

Thygrrr likes this.
  2. optimise

optimise

@JussiKnuuttila Any new update for this? This is critical breaking bug needs to fix at next 1.2 release since it's completely break subscene streaming

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  3. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

Your issue is being investigated by the team that is responsible for subscenes and subscene loading. Unfortunately, I can't give any specific timeline when they are able to deliver a fix for it.

optimise likes this.
  4. optimise

optimise

Hi @JussiKnuuttila @LorinAtzbergerUnity. The bug is still exists at out of pre-release 1.2.0.

5. eggsamurai

eggsamurai

Subscene is not usable from 2022.3.21. Randomly crash when loading. Feel tried to debug.

6. optimise

optimise

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  7. SomethingElse12

SomethingElse12

I've noticed that crash occurs due to some plugins. In my case it was water trying to render depth while section is loading.

eggsamurai likes this.
  8. LorinAtzbergerUnity

LorinAtzbergerUnity

Unity Technologies

@optimise The issue is being investigated by the team that is responsible for subscenes and streaming. Unfortunately, I don't have any more information on the topic.

@SomethingElse12 This sounds like a different issue that is related to graphics. Could you maybe submit a bug with a project demonstrating this? We have not had any other reports of this to my knowledge.

9. SomethingElse12

SomethingElse12

It is related to Camera.Render() with KWS water plugin for shore rendering; can't submit a bugg repo, very big project.

10. Avol

Avol

Currently sticking to 1.0.16, since its the only version that works with subscene streaming. additionally had to move to unity 6, since 2023.3 crashes in player too, when loading same subscenes after unload :p this version matching is horrible.