Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug (IN-47549) "UnityException: Could not find the requested Platform Texture Settings."

Discussion in '2023.2 Beta' started by Armynator, Jul 14, 2023.

1. Armynator

Armynator

In case that anyone is stumbling across this error:

UnityException: Could not find the requested Platform Texture Settings. This is incorrect, did initialization fail?

It was marked as fixed already, but it isn't in 2023.2.0a20 and 2023.2.0a22.
    I've reported it again with detailed reproduction steps as IN-47549.

For me this started happening after installing the dedicated server build target as module. It is happening when "buildTarget: Server" is missing under "platformSettings:" in the metadata file of the texture. For some reason Unity currently isn't generating the metadata file correctly, resulting in the error above.

A manual workaround for now is to add the missing buildTarget manually to the metadata file. Simply copy the whole block for "buildTarget: DefaultTexturePlatform" and rename the copy to "buildTarget: Server".
    I'm not sure if this is also happening with other build targets on other operating systems or whatever. If you are stuck with this error on another platform, this post should give you an idea what to look for at least.

Here is a screenshot of a modified working metadata file and a bugged default one generated by Unity:

treviasxk likes this.
  2. treviasxk

treviasxk

The same problem is happening here too, I'm using the dedicated server module too.
    Unity version 2023.1.5f1

3. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi. I have same issue too (Unity 2023.1.6f1). Can you share public issue tracker link?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  4. Armynator

Armynator

Sure: UUM-44737

Kichang-Kim likes this.
  5. GXMark

GXMark

What i want to know is this. Surely unity must do a test on import for all its types so how does this kinda error find its way into a version?

6. GXMark

GXMark

Work around would be this
    1. Export out the exr file using unitypackage in 2021.3.30f1 (this version works)
    (Note you cant drag the file between the unity versions as it dont work)
    2. Import into version that dont work (in my case 2023.1.10f1)
    3. Voila! its imported (still shows the error if you click on it but you can successfully drag it onto the HDRI Sky property in the Volume profile.

If you have an hdr file and need it in exr format you could use https://convertio.co/ which will do the conversion for free!

7. QuesoMuse

QuesoMuse

Breaks for me as well. Assets other's have imported on my project are just fine. Attempting to add new assets with Dedicated Server install however throws errors immediately.

8. TIMMEHAndFriends

TIMMEHAndFriends

Yea it keeps doing that to me also, Instead it spams my consle

9. DanielRiches

DanielRiches

Encountering this in 2023.1.15f1

10. hytka81

hytka81

Encountering this in 6000.0.0f1 and 6000.0.1f1