Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug In 2023.3, the right-click context menu is broken.

Discussion in 'Unity 6 Beta' started by octia7, Sep 11, 2023.

1. octia7

octia7

I know it's in alpha right now, but I tried many different setups, and it just keeps happening - if you right click in the project or hierarchy windows, and try to open submenus, it can just... break and leave a ghostly empty window behind. Funnily enough, it's still interactible, despite having no text or icons on it - and it disappears if you click away.

That said, the frequency with which it happens makes those versions of the editor on linux quite unusable. It's not exactly every time, but it's quite common - I'd say anywhere between 30 and 70% of the time, the submenus that I try to open, crash like that. I did make a bug report about it already, but I wanted to start a discussion here, and see how widespread the issue really is.

For me, it happens on KDE and XFCE, on EndevourOS, on both Wayland and X11, with nvidia properitary drivers.

2. guimonteiro079

guimonteiro079

Same issue here, on version 2023.2.0b17

I'm on Fedora with XFCE. I wonder if it's a Linux issue or a issue with Unity in general.

3. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Confirmed. 0a14 on Linux Mint XFCE.

4. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Here is what it looks like:

01.jpg

02.jpg
    The search box at the top works as far as I have noticed but the characters are so small that using it is a pain. Creating objects via the Assets/Create menu also works but this is annoying nonetheless.

Unity 2023.3.0a14, Linux Mint, Xfce.

My internet access is limited so I haven't installed 2023.3.0a15, is it fixed in that one @LeonhardP ?

5. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Not fixed in 0a18.

6. Haraven

Haraven

Still there in Unity 2023.2.9f1, in Arch + KDE.

7. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Fixed in 2023.3.0b5.

8. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

It was the new context menu system. We had a lot of regressions and issues with it so we have had to back it out and will continue working on it. 2023.3 will now keep the original menu system.

JamesArndt and APSchmidt like this.
  9. CritCrew

CritCrew

@karl_jones Is this fixed now / will it be fixed in 2022.3? :)

10. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

2022.3 never had the new context menu system. If you have this problem on 2022.3 then its something else and we would need a new bug report.