Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback In 2020.1+ the order of the properties in the UI Toolkit Debugger is so much worse!

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by MechaWolf99, Apr 26, 2021.

1. MechaWolf99

MechaWolf99

After moving from 2019.4 to 2020.4 I noticed that the properties in the UI Toolkit Debugger went to being ordered alphabetically instead of grouped by 'likeness'. This has made it much more difficult to use, and actually quite frustrating to use.

A few examples. Border properties are now ordered like so
    Code (CSharp):
    1. bottom color
    2. bottom left radius
    3. bottom right radius
    4. bottom width
    5. left color
    6. left width
    7. right color
    8. right width
    9. top color
    10. top left radius
    11. top right radius
    12. top width
    This makes no sense for how it is used, most of the time I want to change a type of 'group' at once, like change all of the border colors, or the widths or radius. If I want to do that I have to go all over the place.

Another really good example is the width and height, I almost always want to change those at the same time, width is now at the very bottom while height is somewhere in the middle.

I can go on, all of the things related to font/text are all over the place meaning I need to scroll up and down to change multiple things about the text. The left, right, top, bottom properties are all split up now, and so on.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but I implore you to please change it back! Please let me know if I should bring this up somewhere else, or if this is just something that will not be changing back.

2. manuelgoellnitz

manuelgoellnitz

It "makes sense", its alphabetical :)