Search Unity

Improvements?

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Benopaluz, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Benopaluz

Benopaluz

This is the character model i have been working on so far, i would love some feedback as how i can improve the model. This will be updated as i receive feedback. Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. Benopaluz

Benopaluz

Anybody?

3. fransh

fransh

Hey Benopaluz,

I would not say you are a terrible modeller :) You managed to get a character on screen so you are well on your way.
    As for improvements, I personally think the torso is to small compared to his hips, and the head is a bit small.

Those are the two things I notice about it, hope it helps :)

4. Benopaluz

Benopaluz

Thankyou! atleast somebody replied ahah i have been sitting here for the past 4 hours waiting.. anyway thankyou for your feedback ill will work on this straight away :) Also, i wanted the head a tad small because of a helmet going over the top ;P

5. marcos

marcos

neck is quite long, torso is a bit long too, also the character has no chest or lats which looks a bit odd with such a long torso

good start though, easy fixes

6. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

The way the polygons are on the chest appear to create unintentional nipples, which reminds me of that Batman movie. Also maybe bulk him up a little, he seems a bit thin/stretched in the torso area. Otherwise, good job!

7. Benopaluz

Benopaluz

Thanks for the feedback, i made some changes, wether for better or worse.

8. trooper

trooper

I would like chunkier plates but then it might be against your art style. :)

9. Benopaluz

Benopaluz

i do agree it needs to be "bulkier" and i would think bigger plates would solve this so thanks!

10. Majatek

Majatek

The only complaint I would have would be that the chest and stomach are skinner than the rather bloated lower-gut. Along with that, the helmet isn't shaped that much (sorta looks like a blob), but other than that, it looks rather nice.

All you need to do now is to add a decent cubemap to your visor and you'll have awesome reflectivity :D