Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Feature Request Improvements that I would like to see made to the terrain system

Discussion in 'World Building' started by jalbastefan828, Nov 17, 2022.

1. jalbastefan828

jalbastefan828

I would like the terrain in Unity to receive some improvements :D
    1) I want the paint tool for trees to have filters similar to those from details (Brush Mask Filters)
    2) I would like the vegetation (details) to be able to have LODs (similar to trees). That would help a lot on the performance side.
    3) I would like to be able to create custom shader graph materials for the terrain
    4) The terrain can have several layers (more than 8)
    5) Other things I would like the terrain to have: terrain/object blending, anti tiling, tessellation, triplanar texture
    6) To be able to create roads on the terrain using the new spline system

The terrain in Unity is very useful but a bit outdated (many other users share the same opinion). I would like that in the future (probably when Unity 2023.1 / 2023.2 is released), the terrain system will receive some significant improvements (workflow, performance, optimization, etc.).

I'm sure these things aren't hard to implement, and they shouldn't be, considering how big Unity is as a company. Please listen to the feedback of the users on the forum in order to bring other improvements to the terrain ^ ^

shikhrr likes this.