Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Impossible to upload the entire project using commit

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by newlife, Mar 6, 2018.

1. newlife

newlife

I have a 2GB project in Unity 5.6 on Win 8.1 that I want to port on collaborate. I enabled collaborate and made the first commit, but it always fail. Tried two times, but it always failed. My connection is a fiber 100/50 Megabit so the connection is ok. I have no antivirus and no firewall.
    I tried to made the commit using the partial publish option (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityCollaboratePartialPublish.html) but this option is buggy too. Several times it hangs at 100% upload forcing to cancel the commit and it doesn't work if the selection of the files is too long as a string (it gives this error on the console: String too long for TextMeshGenerator. Cutting off characters. UnityEditor.Collaboration.Collab:publishDialog(String)).
    This happened also with another project (we have been forced to use partial publish option).
    There are even other annoying bugs in collaborate: every time Unity opens it hangs for 5 minutes reading from the disk, it doubles or even triples memory consumption (not sure if this is related to collaborate or Unity 5 it self).
    I dont want to be rude, but this is another example of how bad new features are tested inside Unity. Please dont ask me to upgrade to Unity 2017 cause it has several new issues related to physic and other stuff.
    Im a pro user and I already paid 3000$ till now. Next month Im going pay to another 1500$ to renew my license.
    Im really tempted to abandon Unity for another game engine.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @newlife! I'm sorry that you're having trouble uploading changes. Can you please get in touch with our Support team so that they can help unblock you? You can learn how to get in touch with Support here.

3. newlife

newlife

Hello ryanc, I succeeded to commit the project by selecting few files and making a partial commit.Slow and painful, but it worked.
    Since this is a clear collab bug (happened me with two different project, happened to my coworker too), I kindly ask you to test collab in a real world situation (2GB or more project with an average connection) by commiting a complete project for the first time.

Ryan-Unity likes this.