Search Unity

Importing Unreal Animations to Unity - Humanoid Rig Issues

Discussion in 'Animation' started by erpatton, Dec 1, 2018.

1. erpatton

erpatton

So I've been trying to find some nice dash/dodge animations, and I found a great pack on Unreal. I downloaded the engine and exported all of the animations as FBX files and got them into Unity just fine. The problem happens when I create a humanoid rig for the files and then try to use any model other than the Unreal model that came in with it.

The poses, while hilarious looking, are waaayyyy off. I see that there are some animation import warnings, and I ran the Retargeting Quality Report, but I have no clue how to fix this.

Is there some guide on setting up humanoid rig animations from Unreal animation exports, or am I just missing something with this?

Animation Differences

Humanoid Rig Avatar

2. I doubt that there would be a guide for this since usually it is illegal to use assets from one engine exported to the other one.
    But you can search google for it if you are adventurous.

3. erpatton

erpatton

I believe that only applies to assets made by that engine's developers. I'm not looking to use Unreal assets, but rather FBX files created by a third party that I happened to purchase from Unreal's asset store. I don't see anything in the terms that would prohibit using FBX animations.

twitchfactor likes this.
  4. Yes, you're right, sorry about that.