Search Unity

Bug Importing Unity Physics Sample in 1.2.0-pre.12 goes into infinite loop in Application.UpdateScene

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by dalenewcomb_owlchemy, Feb 29, 2024.

1. dalenewcomb_owlchemy

dalenewcomb_owlchemy

Context: I upgraded a project from Unity Physics 1.2.0-pre.6 to 1.2.0-pre.12 and when I did so, I got an error with the Physics Body Authoring components that were added on prefabs. I was unable to find any errors within that component, so I attempted to reimport the Custom Physics Authoring from the Sample menu to see if that would fix the issue. Unfortunately, all it did was put me into an infinite loop with the dialog stating it was in Application.UpdateScene. After killing the Editor, I have tried reimporting this samples package, deleting the folder and redoing the import, and even removing and reinstalling the Unity Physics package but I get the same infinite loop result every time. I have also updated the Editor to 2022.3.20f1 but that didn't resolve the issue.

Making a small change in the component script (I added an explicit 'private' declaration to the constructor) and saving recompiled the file and everything seems to work again, so this may be an isolated issue, but I think it's worth at least a quick test.

Arnold_2013 likes this.