Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Importing TreeCreator based trees from old Unity version (v3.4.x)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by pfistar, Feb 5, 2019.

1. pfistar

pfistar

Hello everyone,

This is probably an esoteric problem, but any guidance would be massively appreciated. I've been tasked to update an old project, originally created in Unity 3.4. The project features a large swath of terrain that is populated with trees made natively in Unity using TreeCreator.

To begin with, I have a grouping of roughly 30 trees nested in a null object, which I drag to my Project panel to make a prefab and export as a package in my older project. Once I've imported the package into my newer project, the package's hierarchy remains intact (all of the object nodes and their transform coords are correct and visible in Hierarchy panel) however, only a few of the trees are actually visible in Scene view.

Prefabbing > Exporting > Importing the remaining trees one by one is of course a solution, though I'll be dealing with many other clusters of trees and other plants, numbering in the hundreds ultimately. That said I'd love to get to the bottom of the technical problem in hopes of not having to spend loads of time doing mindless labor.

Again, any pointers would be massively appreciated!
    NpF

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019