Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Importing SteamVR plugin puts project in infinite loop (XR has been disabled)

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by JohanAR, Jul 22, 2020.

1. JohanAR

JohanAR

I imported the SteamVR plugin, after a minute or so I get a popup saying this:

"XR has been disabled in your project as you are using the deprecated XR integration (previously configured in Player/XR Settings). Please use "XR Plug-in Management" in "Project Settings" to enable XR."

However I have already enabled XR Plug-in Management in Project Settings, and this is a new project created a few days ago in Unity 2020.1 so I don't think it should contain any old settings.

And when I press Ok or close this popup it goes back to "Importing..." and "resolving packages..." which is impossible to cancel, and after a while I get the same XR popup and the project is stuck in an infinite loop. Killing the process and reopening the project goes back into the same loop.. I have to manually delete the Assets/SteamVR folders

Edit: It's the same on Windows. Seems to be caused by SteamVR not being compatible with with Unity 2020.1 but the problem is that it's impossible to get out of the import-loop.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  2. laurikens

laurikens

I was having the same problem earlier today, I think the window that keeps popping up about wanting you to change the XR settings is just a bug, and can be ignored.
    I made a new unity project, then imported the SteamVR plugin - before everything could finish importing that window probably popped up for me 5-10 times and I just closed it and ignored it every time.
    Eventually it finished importing everything and I was able to continue on my way without any further problems.

Still not exactly sure what the window message is about, its come up again from time to time and I just continue ignoring it and havn't had any other problems.

3. Ushi-Son

Ushi-Son

Edit→Project Settings→XR plugin management→Oculus XR plugin install

unityunity