Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Importing Multiple Animation Clips from maya???!?!?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by joessu, Nov 9, 2013.

1. joessu

joessu

Getting really frusterated by this. I have a bunch of clips in the trax editor and in the visor. No matter what i try, i can't import multiple clips into unity from one file.

I've tried the following:

Put all clips on one track, export all -> FBX with bake animations -> start to end. In unity, the animations are crap, like they didnt get imported correctly.

Multiple Clips in trax and visor - export all -> Bake animations. Only picked up one clip.

I read that i am supposed to use multiple files. Is there a way to only export one animation clip via FBX without including the entire contents of the scene?? Maya crashes when i try to export a single animation clip from the visor as a Maya binary.

I'm new to animation but not to unity, this is ridiculous that importing is so whacky.

2. joessu

joessu

I got it working somehow. The trax editor has sooo many ways of disabling/enabling clips that i think i got in a bad state.

SO... the working workflow that is incredibly cumbersome is:

Move Clips into one Track in Trax Editor -> Export ALL -> FBX -> Bake (in Maya) -> Do NOT Resample ALL. Once in Unity, add clips in the animations tab and then move the slider, etc. Doing this, plus creating the humanoid rig and setting the bones, WORKED!

unityunity