Search Unity

Importing Multiple Animation Clips from maya???!?!?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by joessu, Nov 9, 2013.

1. joessu

joessu

Getting really frusterated by this. I have a bunch of clips in the trax editor and in the visor. No matter what i try, i can't import multiple clips into unity from one file.

I've tried the following:

Put all clips on one track, export all -> FBX with bake animations -> start to end. In unity, the animations are crap, like they didnt get imported correctly.

Multiple Clips in trax and visor - export all -> Bake animations. Only picked up one clip.

I read that i am supposed to use multiple files. Is there a way to only export one animation clip via FBX without including the entire contents of the scene?? Maya crashes when i try to export a single animation clip from the visor as a Maya binary.

I'm new to animation but not to unity, this is ridiculous that importing is so whacky.

2. joessu

joessu

I got it working somehow. The trax editor has sooo many ways of disabling/enabling clips that i think i got in a bad state.

SO... the working workflow that is incredibly cumbersome is:

Move Clips into one Track in Trax Editor -> Export ALL -> FBX -> Bake (in Maya) -> Do NOT Resample ALL. Once in Unity, add clips in the animations tab and then move the slider, etc. Doing this, plus creating the humanoid rig and setting the bones, WORKED!