Search Unity

Importing Model from Cinema4D distorts the shape and only keeps 1 texture

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by BenX41, Apr 22, 2019.

1. BenX41

BenX41

Im trying to import my model I made in Cinema 4D, I exported the model as an FBX file and dragged the file into unity. However the model becomes distorted when it is imported to unity, I'm not sure if this is to do with where Im importing the fbx file from or if I need to change the export settings?
    Also weirdly the model keeps one of its textures but not the rest.
    Any ideas, or solutions for similar problems?
    (pictures of the difference below)

82714a27a778b0e62623e42646c34664.png

56959fdfda8d5fb7fdae0193d3495402.png

2. BenX41

BenX41

Well I solved it by combining the shape meshes together for each part, as before I was importing them as parent objects with many child shapes making up the individual pieces. (To combine them you select the objects you want to make a new combined version of, then go Mesh -> Conversion -> Connect Objects. Also you'll have to delete the old parts that you used to make the new combined shape out of as they don't get removed automatically)

Note this doesn't solve the issue of the textures not being imported.

3. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Are the textures external texture that you can bring into unity or generated using shaders inside of Cinema 4D?
    Unity has no way to import the generated textures, you would need to bake them out.
    You can use the backe texture tag inside of cinema to bake the texture to a external image file.