Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Importing Isometric Tiles Too Big?

Discussion in '2D' started by jonathanmougharb, Sep 12, 2019.

1. jonathanmougharb

jonathanmougharb

upload_2019-9-11_19-53-43.png upload_2019-9-11_20-0-7.png

Shown in the picture above. Every time I try importing new tiles, they come in looking much bigger than the cells.

If I change the X and Y scale values to 0.5, they are too small and end up having gaps in between the cells.

I'm very new to this and my only other experience for game making comes from my RPG maker days some time ago. Not sure what the issue is with these cells, but I could really use some insight.

EDIT: Below are my tile import settings
    upload_2019-9-11_20-39-44.png

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  2. Sam_Ooi

Sam_Ooi

Unity Technologies

Hi, reset the default values of the Tile scaling etc. back to 1, and resize the Sprite of the imported Tile by modifying its PPU values. The right value depends on the graphic's original pixel dimensions, and this page might help you calculate the right PPU value to set the Tile to: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Tilemap-Isometric-SpritesImport.html

zheyuanzhou likes this.
  3. zheyuanzhou

zheyuanzhou

Hi,
    I researched the project again. I guess the problem might be your sprite size.(But I am not sure is that the main reason)
    I downloaded the project the unity offered on Here.
    In this project, All Sprites size is 64*64.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 11.03.08 PM.png
    If you cannot select the each tile on the bottom, you sould Set the Tile Anchor whether you want to select Tile's bottom or top.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 11.04.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 11.03.57 PM.png
    I am not sure this answer can help you or not. My recommendation is to choose to some sprites with the same size would be easy for you to make. As always, I would like to use some asset sprite sheets online or official to make the demo.
    Regards
    Joe

4. zheyuanzhou

zheyuanzhou

Wow. Its seems to right!!!!