Search Unity

  1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted Importing Google Play IAP Issues

Discussion in 'Unity Distribution Portal (UDP)' started by kromenak, Oct 8, 2020.

  1. kromenak

    kromenak

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2011
    Posts:
    259
    Hi, I'm exporting ~200 IAP items from Google Play and importing into UDP. I got it mostly working, but I ran into a couple issues that I was hoping to get some help with:

    First, Google Play exported the price column in the format of "US; 4990000", but this caused an error when I was uploading to UDP (Invalid Iap item price: default price: [object Map]). I had to remove the "US; " part for the import to be accepted, which seemed a bit strange. But this does the trick in a pinch!

    The other issue was that I have localizations for English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. Some of the localizations are imported correctly (English, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese). The other ones (German, Russian, Japanese, Korean) are not imported at all.

    In the CSV I'm using to import, I have the following locale codes exported from Google Play:
    • English (en_US)
    • French (fr_FR)
    • Spanish (es_ES)
    • Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR)
    • Chinese (zh_CN)
    • German (de_DE)
    • Russian (ru_RU)
    • Japanese (ja_JP)
    • Korean (ko_KR)
    For the languages that are not being imported correctly, do I need to change the locale code to some other value that the importer will recognize? The ones that aren't importing seem to have reasonable locale codes - same format for French, Spanish.

    Any assistance or insight would be greatly appreciated!
     
  2. kromenak

    kromenak

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2011
    Posts:
    259
    Quick update: I found that if I modified the locale codes for the problem languages, I could get this to work:
    • de_DE must become de
    • ru_RU must become ru
    • ja_JP must become ja
    • ko_KR must become ko
    So, this is a decent workaround, but it's a little bit of manual work in the export/import process because Google Play exports the languages in the first format. It also seems inconsistent because UDP accepts the first format sometimes (zh_CN, es_ES, etc) but not other times.
     
  3. kromenak

    kromenak

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2011
    Posts:
    259
    Another issue we ran into with Japanese, Korean, and Russian is that it won't accept seemingly fine titles/descriptions for IAPs.

    For the Huawei store, the naming restrictions are listed as:
    But it won't accept some strings (I can't even post a Russian example b/c I guess the forums don't allow Russian).

    So, clearly those aren't the only disallowed characters (either not documented or a bug).
     
unityunity