Search Unity

Importing from asset store without hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by konsic, Apr 9, 2019.

1. konsic

konsic

How to import from asset store without using Unity hub in 2019.1?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Did you try "Open in Unity" on the Asset Store?

3. konsic

konsic

Yes. And then download button appears. But I can't download because it says I need Unity hub.
    But, I don't want Unity hub only to import the package.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

The Hub has a little more uses than that...

5. konsic

konsic

I only need to import the package.

6. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

In order to download content from the Asset Store you need to be logged in. The official way to log in to your user account in 2019.1 onward is through the Hub. Once you're signed in you can close the Hub through the tray menu and it won't use up any resources if that's your concern.

Cheers,

7. pigravity

pigravity

Its a major impediment due to fact that only way to get rid of one of major bugs in Unity is to uninstall Hub. I would strongly suggest to fix that bug - Yes, its a bug not a feature.

smslv likes this.
  8. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

is there a way to sign in to unity account and create a free license, through the cli, rather than using Unity Hub.

I'm having trouble with unity hub, opening the sign in page. How can Unity endure Unity Hub while it has so many problems on the forums and not offer the alternative use the engine without it, like the old days?

@AbrahamDUnity

9. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

There were login/license bugs in the past. They were just in the embedded launcher instead. Now we have the Hub (which doesn't need a whole Unity update to fix bugs :D). If you are experiencing issues don't hesitate to let us know and chances are we'll make it a better product.

Thanks in advance for your contributions,

10. brewthetea

brewthetea

Hi AbrahamDUnity, While trying to install Unity Hub 2.2.2 on my MacOS Catalina installed device, I received a security-related warning. When will it be fixed? I will be glad, if you inform me.

11. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Catalina will be supported in the next release of the Hub.

Thanks.

12. sandysam

sandysam

Hi
    I also need help, when I open unity hub and try to open the editor from there the hub shows installation failed, but when I uninstall unity hub and then open the editor manually, I am able to open unity. Because of this I am unable to import any assets as it requires you to sign in and for that I need unity hub, but through unity hub I am unable to open the Editor.
    Please Help

13. village_admin

village_admin

I also do not want to install hub as its intrusive and not necessary other than to allow Unity my control over my projects and PC. I don't want to live on your cloud. Please add a way to download assets, let us pick out the files we want, and import them manually into our projects from our hard drive. I hate auto importing of assets with tons of fluff that invades my project like a weed.

14. EndliztS

EndliztS

why my unity hub only show blank screen?

15. German-Montero

German-Montero

There are plenty of reasons to not use the Hub, none of the replies solve the underlying issue(importing assets WITHOUT INSTALLING BLOATWARE)

16. fdrfrf

fdrfrf

Я потратил деньги на активы в магазине Unity, почему я не могу их скачать без установки сторонней программы?

17. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It's not "a third party program" but the actual program the assets are designed for. I think that's fair.

Assuming google translate worked on your text.